Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
At Februari 1, 2020, Jan Martens joined us as a new PhD student in the AVVA project. Jan will direct his attention to the question how many core architectures, such as GPU’s, can improve the …continue reading
The weekly FSA colloquium is postponed until further notice due to the precautionary measures to contain the Corona outbreak.
The paper “Complexity of Automatic Sequences” by Hans Zantema has been awarded the best paper award for the 14th International Conference on Language and Automata Theory and Applications (LATA 2020), which will be held in …continue reading
The papers “Partial-Order Reduction for Parity Games with an Application on Parameterised Boolean Equation Systems” by Thomas Neele, Tim Willemse and Wieger Wesselink and “The Inconsistent Labelling Problem of Stutter-Preserving Partial-Order Reduction” by Thomas Neele, …continue reading
The paper “An O(m log n) algorithm for branching bisimilarity on labelled transition systems” by David Jansen, Jan Friso Groote, Jeroen Keiren and Anton Wijs has been accepted for presentation at TACAS, part of ETAPS …continue reading
- Colloquium 14 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Rodin Aarssen: Assessing the quality of ad hoc refactorings.
- Colloquium 7 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Rick Erkens: Optimising adaptive non-linear pattern matching automata.
- Colloquium 30 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Hans Zantema: Computation of complexity of automatic sequences.
- Colloquium 23 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Maurice Laveaux: Decompositional Minimization of Monolithic Processes.
- Colloquium 16 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, Zoom. Thomas Neele: Partial-Order Reduction for Parity Games with an Application on Parameterised Boolean Equation Systems.
- Colloquium 9 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, Zoom. Freek Verbeek: Formal Proofs of Return Address Integrity.
- Colloquium 2 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, Zoom. Bas Luttik: Supporting railway infrastructure managers with formal models and analyses.
- Colloquium 5 March 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MF 6.132. Jan Martens: Resynchronizability of origin transducers.