Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
The paper Are Two Binary Operators Necessary to Finitely Axiomatise Parallel Composition? by Luca Aceto, Valentina Castiglioni, Wan Fokkink, Anna Ingolfsdottir and Bas Luttik has been accepted for presentation at CSL 2021, which will take …continue reading
The NWO Big Software project MERITS is finished. It investigated whether refactoring of legacy software is possible by automatic learning. The conclusion is that this is a bridge too far, but learning techniques are an …continue reading
A paper containing a near-linear time algorithm for weak bisimilarity for Markov chains, by Jansen, Groote, Timmers and Yang has been accepted at Concur 2020. The paper provides an average time O(m log^4 n) algorithm, …continue reading
The paper “Effective System Level Liveness Verification” by Alexander Fedotov, Jeroen Keiren and Julien Schmaltz has been accepted for presentation at FMCAD 2020, which will take place as an online conference. The paper introduces a …continue reading
The paper “Formal verification of OIL component specifications using mCRL2” by Olav Bunte, Louis van Gool and Tim Willemse has been accepted for presentation at FMICS 2020, which will take place as an online conference, …continue reading
- Colloquium 22 October 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Jan Friso Groote: A symmetric protocol to establish service level agreements.
- MSc Defence 21 October 10.00 - 10.30, 2020, MS Teams. Bram Hooimeijer: Model Inference for Legacy Software in Component-Based Architectures.
- Colloquium 15 October 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Hans Zantema: Complexity of puzzles.
- Colloquium 8 October 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Jan Martens: A parallel algorithm for bisimulation partition refinement.
- Colloquium 24 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Anna Stramaglia: Deadlock in packet switching networks.
- MSc Defence 21 September 13.30 - 14.00, 2020, MS Teams. Nikita Golovliov: Verification of Multiprocessor System Memory Model.
- MSc Defence 21 September 10.00 - 10.30, 2020, Atlas 2.215. Wessel Sinnema: Verifying memory consistency in mCRL2.
- Colloquium 17 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Alexander Fedotov: Effective System Level Liveness Verification.