Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
The journal paper “Adaptive Non-Linear Pattern Matching Automata” by Rick Erkens and Maurice Laveaux has been accepted for publication in the FSCD2020 special issue of Logical Methods in Computer Science.
The FSA group has a vacancy for an assistant professor (tenure-track/tenured) under the Irène Curie Fellowship programme, which offers a substantial start-up package. We are particularly keen on strengthening our expertise in automated reasoning, SAT …continue reading
On 1 October, Tom Franken started as a PhD student working on the NWO-funded TOP project AVVA. At the same time, we welcomed back Thomas Neele, who started working as an Assistant Professor in our …continue reading
The journal paper “Formal verification of OIL component specifications using mCRL2” by Olav Bunte, Louis van Gool and Tim Willemse has been accepted for the special issue FMICS 2019/2020 of the journal on Software Tools …continue reading
Starting on Juli 1, 2021 Tim Willemse took over the role of cluster leader of FSA from Jan Friso Groote who has been leader for more than 20 years.
- MSc Defence 6 October 10.30 - 11.15, 2021, Atlas 1.652. Tom Buskens: Optimizing the code generator for OIL.
- Colloquium 30 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MF 6.132. Hans Zantema: The paint pot problem and common multiples in monoids.
- Colloquium 23 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Flip van Spaendonck: The Busy-Forbidden Protocol, an efficient shared-exclusive access lock.
- Colloquium 16 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Rick Erkens: Regular tree languages and (dis)analogies with regular languages.
- MSc Defence 13 September 14.00 - 14.45, 2021, MS Teams. Anneke Huijsmans: Optimising parity game solvers using dynamic SCC maintenance.
- Colloquium 9 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Maurice Laveaux: On The Fly Solving for Symbolic Parity Games.