We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. We are responsible for the following courses of our bachelor and master programmes.
- 2IT60: Logic and Set Theory
- 2IS80: Fundamentals of Informatics
- 2IC30: Computer Systems
- 2IT90: Automata, Formal Languages and Complexity
- 2IWA0: Automotive Software Engineering
- 2IX20: Software Specification
The list below shows examples of topics for master projects; click on the title to see a more detailed description. Even when you don’t find what you want you can contact one of our staff members. Typically they have additional interesting projects not explicitly listed.
- An ACO approach to parity games (supervisor: De Vink)
- Paradigm protocol verification (supervisor: De Vink)
- Probabilistic bisimulation (supervisor: De Vink)
- Confluence detection for parameterised Boolean equation systems (supervisor: Willemse)
- Exploiting independence in exploring state spaces (supervisor: Willemse)
- Solving decision problems using parameterised Boolean equation systems (supervisor: Neele/Willemse)
- Automata learning (supervisor: Zantema)
- Constraint solving for car components (supervisor: Zantema)
- Various industrial and/or theoretical explorations (supervisor: Groote)
- Optimizing cutting in poster printing (supervisor: Zantema)
- mCRL2 with shared variables (supervisor: Luttik/Willemse)
- Process algebra with signals (supervisor: Luttik)
Internships / Capita Selecta
We are always looking for enthusiastic students for master projects, internships at companies in The Netherlands and abroad, or for a Capita Selecta. Examples of previous (master) projects can be found here.