Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
Valentina Castiglioni (Reykjavik University, Iceland) will be visiting the FSA research group from 22-24 November, 2022.
We are very pleased to announce that on 1 November, Clemens Dubslaff starts as an assistant professor in the FSA group.
On Thursday, 13 October, Nobuko Yoshida (Oxford) and Sung-Shik Jongmans (OU/CWI) will be visiting the FSA group.
Kevin Jilissen recently started working as a PhD student in our group. He will be investigating the use of Formal Methods to verify standards for critical infrastructures such as tunnels, in collaboration with Rijkswaterstaat.
The paper “Using the parallel ATerm library for parallel model checking”, by Groote, Jilissen, Laveaux, Spaendonck, and Willemse has been published in Lecture Notes in Computer Science 13560, Springer. It describes how very substantial speedups …continue reading
- Colloquium 1 December 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Tom Franken: Autonomous Data Language for Parallel Programming.
- Colloquium 24 November 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Valentina Castiglioni: Uncertainties, adaptability, and verification.
- PhD Defence 22 November 16.00 - 17.30, 2022, Atlas 0.710. Maurice Laveaux: Accelerated Verification of Concurrent Systems.
- Colloquium 17 November 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Clemens Dubslaff: “Feature Causality”.
- Colloquium 10 November 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Bas Luttik: About divergence-preserving branching bisimilarity.
- Colloquium 3 November 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Jan Friso Groote: Another attempt to make BDDs more compact..
- Colloquium 27 October 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Mark Bouwman: Decompositional Branching Bisimulation Minimisation of Monolithic Processes.
- Colloquium 20 October 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Flip van Spaendonck: Efficient dynamic model based testing of models with run-to-completion semantics.