Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
Thomas Neele, who obtained his PhD under the supervision of Tim Willemse and Jan Friso Groote, won the award for the best dissertation of 2020 of the Dutch Research School IPA for his dissertation “Reductions …continue reading
The paper Decomposing Monolithic Processes in a Process Algebra with Multi-actions by Maurice Laveaux and Tim Willemse was accepted for presentation at ICE 2021, a workshop co-located with DisCoTec 2021. The interactive style of reviewing …continue reading
On May 10, 2021 Leo van Schooten successfully defended his thesis on translating a DSL in use at Philips to specify and control X-ray capabilities to the language Dezyne, allowing for a less complex software …continue reading
The proceedings of TACAS 2021 are online (LNCS 12651 and LNCS 12652). Editors are J.F. Groote and K.G. Larsen. They are open access.
The Formal System Analysis group has two vacancies for tenured/tenure track assistant professor and/or support staff positions. More information about these positions can be found here. Screening has started. The application deadline is 30 April, …continue reading
- Colloquium 8 July 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Yousra Hafidi: On starvation freedom property of Peterson’s mutual exclusion algorithm for more than 2 processes.
- Colloquium 1 July 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Herman Geuvers: “Computer Assisted Mathematical Proofs: using the computer to verify computers”.
- Colloquium 17 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Olav Bunte: Asynchronously communicating OIL components.
- Colloquium 3 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Jeroen Keiren: Understanding Mutual Exclusion Algorithms using mCRL2’s counterexamples.
- Colloquium 27 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Myrthe Spronck: Safe registers and Aravind’s BLRU algorithm in mCRL2.
- Colloquium 20 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Mark Bouwman: A formalisation of SysML state machines in mCRL2.
- Colloquium 6 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Alexander Fedotov: McMillan’s algorithm for SAT-based unbounded model checking..
- Colloquium 29 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Flip van Spaendonck: Understanding std::memory_order in C++11 using MCA semantics.