Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
The paper “On-The-Fly Solving for Symbolic Parity Games“, by Maurice Laveaux, Wieger Wesselink and Tim Willemse, has been accepted for the ETAPS 2022 conference TACAS. The paper describes how to use on-the-fly solving techniques during …continue reading
The journal paper “Adaptive Non-Linear Pattern Matching Automata” by Rick Erkens and Maurice Laveaux has been accepted for publication in the FSCD2020 special issue of Logical Methods in Computer Science.
The FSA group has a vacancy for an assistant professor (tenure-track/tenured) under the Irène Curie Fellowship programme, which offers a substantial start-up package. We are particularly keen on strengthening our expertise in automated reasoning, SAT …continue reading
On 1 October, Tom Franken started as a PhD student working on the NWO-funded TOP project AVVA. At the same time, we welcomed back Thomas Neele, who started working as an Assistant Professor in our …continue reading
The journal paper “Formal verification of OIL component specifications using mCRL2” by Olav Bunte, Louis van Gool and Tim Willemse has been accepted for the special issue FMICS 2019/2020 of the journal on Software Tools …continue reading
- Colloquium 12 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Tom Franken: Cole’s Parallel Merge Sort.
- Colloquium 14 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Olav Bunte: The impact of the channel layout in asynchronous communication.
- Colloquium 31 March 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Anton Wijs: Inner-most Term Rewriting on GPUs.
- Colloquium 24 March 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Michel Reniers: Partial-Order Reduction for Supervisory Controller Synthesis.
- Colloquium 17 March 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MF 6.132. Rick Erkens: Term Rewriting based on Set Automaton Matching.
- Colloquium 3 March 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MS Teams. Flip van Spaendonck: Extending the Cones and Foci method.
- Colloquium 24 February 12.45 - 13.30, 2022, MS Teams. Erik de Vink: On Spatial Logics and Spatial Bisimulation.