Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
A paper containing a near-linear time algorithm for weak bisimilarity for Markov chains, by Jansen, Groote, Timmers and Yang has been accepted at Concur 2020. The paper provides an average time O(m log^4 n) algorithm, …continue reading
The paper “Effective System Level Liveness Verification” by Alexander Fedotov, Jeroen Keiren and Julien Schmaltz has been accepted for presentation at FMCAD 2020, which will take place as an online conference. The paper introduces a …continue reading
The paper “Formal verification of OIL component specifications using mCRL2” by Olav Bunte, Louis van Gool and Tim Willemse has been accepted for presentation at FMICS 2020, which will take place as an online conference, …continue reading
The paper On the Axiomatisability of Parallel Composition: A Journey in the Spectrum by Luca Aceto, Valentina Castiglioni, Anna Ingolfsdottir, Bas Luttik and Mathias Ruggaard Pedersen has been accepted for presentation at CONCUR 2020, which …continue reading
Paper on the formal analysis and test generation for the EULYNX Point interface accepted at ESREL 2020 PSAM 15
The paper What is the Point: Formal Analysis and Test Generation for a Railway Standard by Mark Bouwman, Djurre van der Wal, Bas Luttik, Mariëlle Stoelinga and Arend Rensink has been accepted for presentation at ESREL …continue reading
- Colloquium 24 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Anna Stramaglia: Deadlock in packet switching networks.
- MSc Defence 21 September 13.30 - 14.00, 2020, MS Teams. Nikita Golovliov: Verification of Multiprocessor System Memory Model.
- MSc Defence 21 September 10.00 - 10.30, 2020, Atlas 2.215. Wessel Sinnema: Verifying memory consistency in mCRL2.
- Colloquium 17 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Alexander Fedotov: Effective System Level Liveness Verification.
- PhD Defence 16 September 16.00 - 17.30, 2020, MS Teams. Thomas Neele: Reductions for Parity Games and Model Checking.
- Colloquium 10 September 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Ferry Timmers: ASD, the good, the bad, and the ugly..
- MSc Defence 18 August 15.30 - 16.00, 2020, Atlas 2.320. Sebastiaan Verhoek: SMT solver verification of ladder logic in a production environment (Tata Steel).
- Colloquium 25 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Anton Wijs: Term Rewriting on GPUs.