Below we show examples of topics for master and bachelor (research) projects; click on the title to see a more detailed description. Even when you don’t find what you want you can contact one of our staff members. Typically they have additional interesting projects not explicitly listed.
- An ACO approach to parity games (supervisor: De Vink)
- Paradigm protocol verification (supervisor: De Vink)
- Probabilistic bisimulation (supervisor: De Vink)
- Extracting and exploiting invariants for solving PBESs (supervisor: Willemse)
- Formal modelling and verification of protocols for cyber physical systems kernel (supervisor: Willemse)
- Optimising Parity Game Solvers using dynamic SCC maintenance (supervisor: Willemse)
- Algorithms for Variability Parity Games (supervisor: Willemse; international collaboration)
- Automata learning (supervisor: Zantema)
- Various industrial and/or theoretical explorations (supervisor: Groote)
- mCRL2 with shared variables (supervisor: Luttik/Willemse)
- Process algebra with signals (supervisor: Luttik)
Refining our confidence in refinable partition data structures (supervisor: Keiren)
- Modelling and verifying a non-atomic dual bakery algorithm with bounded tokens in mCRL2 (supervisor: Luttik)
- Implementing a fast graph positioning algorithm (supervisor: Groote)
- Design and possibly implement a fast parallel aterm library (supervisor: Groote)
- Translate CIF to mCRL2 (supervisor: Groote)
Recently finished projects
- MSc Defence 6 October 10.30 - 11.15, 2021, Atlas 1.652.
Tom Buskens: Optimizing the code generator for OIL.
- MSc Defence 13 September 14.00 - 14.45, 2021, MS Teams.
Anneke Huijsmans: Optimising parity game solvers using dynamic SCC maintenance.
- MSc Defence 16 August 14.15 - 15.00, 2021, Atlas 8.340.
Jasper Stam: Formal verification of an industrial PLC program in Function Block Diagram and Structured Text.
- MSc Defence 22 April 15.00 - 15.45, 2021, MS Teams.
Geert van Ieperen: Visualisation of large Labelled Transition Systems.
Examples of all projects since 2017 can be found here.