Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
A paper containing a near-linear time algorithm for weak bisimilarity for Markov chains, by Jansen, Groote, Timmers and Yang has been accepted at Concur 2020. The paper provides an average time O(m log^4 n) algorithm, …continue reading
The paper “Effective System Level Liveness Verification” by Alexander Fedotov, Jeroen Keiren and Julien Schmaltz has been accepted for presentation at FMCAD 2020, which will take place as an online conference. The paper introduces a …continue reading
The paper “Formal verification of OIL component specifications using mCRL2” by Olav Bunte, Louis van Gool and Tim Willemse has been accepted for presentation at FMICS 2020, which will take place as an online conference, …continue reading
The paper On the Axiomatisability of Parallel Composition: A Journey in the Spectrum by Luca Aceto, Valentina Castiglioni, Anna Ingolfsdottir, Bas Luttik and Mathias Ruggaard Pedersen has been accepted for presentation at CONCUR 2020, which …continue reading
Paper on the formal analysis and test generation for the EULYNX Point interface accepted at ESREL 2020 PSAM 15
The paper What is the Point: Formal Analysis and Test Generation for a Railway Standard by Mark Bouwman, Djurre van der Wal, Bas Luttik, Mariëlle Stoelinga and Arend Rensink has been accepted for presentation at ESREL …continue reading
- Colloquium 25 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Anton Wijs: Term Rewriting on GPUs.
- Colloquium 18 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Olav Bunte: Formal verification of OIL component specifications using mCRL2.
- Colloquium 11 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Jeroen Keiren: Extensible Proof Systems for Infinite-State Systems.
- Colloquium 4 June 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Maciej Gazda: “Removing Redundant Refusals: Minimal Complete Test Suites for Failure Trace Semantics”.
- Colloquium 28 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Jan Friso Groote: A Near-Linear-Time algorithm for Weak Bisimilarity on Markov Chains.
- Colloquium 14 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Rodin Aarssen: Assessing the quality of ad hoc refactorings.
- Colloquium 7 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Rick Erkens: Optimising adaptive non-linear pattern matching automata.
- Colloquium 30 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2020, MS Teams. Hans Zantema: Computation of complexity of automatic sequences.