Research We investigate and develop theories, techniques and tools for modelling and analysing the behaviours of (concurrent) systems. Research focusses on process algebra, semantics, model checking, logics and satisfiability solving. Application areas include protocols, hardware designs, industrial control systems. Tools developed by the group include mCRL2 and MaDL. Read More…
Education We offer courses in Logic, Formal Methods, Model Checking and Automated Reasoning. We are always looking for enthusiastic people who are interested in a research project or thesis in our Master programme. Read More…
On May 10, 2021 Leo van Schooten successfully defended his thesis on translating a DSL in use at Philips to specify and control X-ray capabilities to the language Dezyne, allowing for a less complex software …continue reading
The proceedings of TACAS 2021 are online (LNCS 12651 and LNCS 12652). Editors are J.F. Groote and K.G. Larsen. They are open access.
The Formal System Analysis group has two vacancies for tenured/tenure track assistant professor and/or support staff positions. More information about these positions can be found here. Screening has started. The application deadline is 30 April, …continue reading
The paper Are Two Binary Operators Necessary to Finitely Axiomatise Parallel Composition? by Luca Aceto, Valentina Castiglioni, Wan Fokkink, Anna Ingolfsdottir and Bas Luttik has been accepted for presentation at CSL 2021, which will take …continue reading
The NWO Big Software project MERITS is finished. It investigated whether refactoring of legacy software is possible by automatic learning. The conclusion is that this is a bridge too far, but learning techniques are an …continue reading
- Colloquium 6 May 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Alexander Fedotov: McMillan’s algorithm for SAT-based unbounded model checking..
- Colloquium 29 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Flip van Spaendonck: Understanding std::memory_order in C++11 using MCA semantics.
- MSc Defence 22 April 15.00 - 15.45, 2021, MS Teams. Geert van Ieperen: Visualisation of large Labelled Transition Systems.
- Colloquium 22 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Anna Stramaglia: Deadlock in packet switching networks.
- Colloquium 15 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Muhammad Osama: SAT Solving with GPU Accelerated Inprocessing.
- Colloquium 8 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Rick Erkens: A Set Automaton to Locate All Pattern Matches in a Term.
- Colloquium 1 April 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Bas Luttik: Equationally axiomatising parallel composition.
- Colloquium 25 March 12.45 - 13.30, 2021, MS Teams. Jan Friso Groote: Partition refinement algorithms for strong bisimulation are Omega(n log n).